I started writing my own home-brew game engine, “DEngine”. It is a cross-platform 3d Game Engine. I’m doing this for fun and education so I’m not sure how far I’ll get. Here is the plan.
- Cross Platform (Currently Windows/Linux, Planned Mac)
- 3d APIs: DirectX 11 (Windows Only) and OpenGL 3.2
- Physics: Bullet
- Math: Bullet Vectormath Library (All Matrix and Vector Math is SSE3 SIMD)
- Cross Platform Window Manager and 3d Context Creation for:
- Windows (WIN32+D3D11, WIN32+GL3.2) and Linux (X11+GL3.2)
- .MS3D Model Loading with Diffuse Texture Support (DDS, TGA, JPG, BMP, PNG) and Per-Pixel Lighting
A long way to go! Hoorah!